“As a Certified Instructor of the Chubbuck Technique, he is a brilliant, insightful, and gifted teacher. I fully endorse Anthony as someone you can trust to help you reach your acting potential.” Ivana Chubbuck
Los Angeles/Sydney based actor, 16th Street faculty member and accredited Chubbuck teacher, Anthony Brandon Wong will conduct a Chubbuck Technique Workshop this June.
This Workshop will teach you to apply the principles and technique of renowned American acting coach, Ivana Chubbuck to carefully selected material for scene work.
This technique will strengthen and enhance your work by drawing from your personal world. It focuses particularly on empowering actors (and characters) to win.
In this inspiring 2 day Workshop, actors will be nurtured and challenged to do their best work in a safe, supportive and positive environment.
Actors will learn and use practical techniques and exercises to:
- Access and trigger truthful emotions quickly
- Find the objectives of their character and then personalise those objectives so that they are going after these from their gut, not their head
- Best prepare themselves to be in a creative and receptive state before auditioning, rehearsing or performing
- Create chemistry with their scene partner or casting director
- Ensure they always have a compelling, watchable inner life
- Liberate emotional, physical and creative blocks
- Become more expressive and nuanced with their body and voice
- Rediscover their passion for acting and uplift their commitment to their craft and their careers.
Anthony has been teaching the Chubbuck Technique for 12 years at many prestigious studios both here and in America. His screen credits include Steven Soderbergh’s Haywire, Guns Girls and Gambling opposite Gary Oldman and Christian Slater, Hemingway and Gellhorn opposite Nicole Kidman and Clive Owen, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, Glee, NCIS, The Unit, Crooked Business, All Saints, Home and Away, Samurai Girl, Mask of the Ninja and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. His extensive stage credits include lead and major roles in productions for STC, MTC, Malthouse, Playbox, Victorian Arts Centre, State Theatre Company of South Australia, Urban Theatre Projects and One Extra Company. Anthony won the Victorian Green Room Best Actor Award for Sex Diary of an Infidel.
Entry is by selection. Places are limited.