16th Street Actors Studio is a technique based studio, honouring a variety of approaches to the craft of acting. When you train at 16th Street on the Part Time Program, you:
- Are exposed to world renowned master teachers and their techniques.
- Develop a unique approach to your craft based upon the very best in actor training
- Are trained to take creative risks and be courageous and generous in the way you live and the way you work.
- Are supported to develop compassion for yourself and others.
- And your talent is nurtured so that when you are ready you will make your unique contribution to our global arts community.
- Will work with Award winning film Directors and Producers to teach you about intimacy and emotional truth of great film acting.
- Will work with Award winning Theatre Directors and artists who prepare you to have a vitally alive presence on stage and to serve the stories you tell.
- Will work with industry professionals who have developed innovative methods to support you to face the exciting challenge of auditioning.
- Will learn the value of your unique choices and commit to them when you self-tape.
Artistic Director, Kim Krejus has fostered the careers of hundreds of Australian actors who have forged careers both in Australia and internationally.
Head of Acting, acclaimed and celebrated theatre director, Iain Sinclair, is renowned for directing scores of professional actors in award-winning performances.
If you have talent and you grow to love the craft of acting, if you have a good attitude and are willing to face yourself, if you desire to bring real human beings to the stage and screen that make audiences feel deeply and you are willing to do the work to make that happen – we believe you are made for this industry.
The program is 18 months in duration.
“Kim Krejus is relentless in her pursuit of bringing the best of the best teachers to her studio. She is absolutely passionate about each and every individual reaching their full potential both as an artist and as a human being”
Deborah-Lee Furness, Patron of 16th Street Actors Studio.
Our 18 month Program includes:
- Alexander Technique
- Technique classes include: Uta Hagen, Meisner Technqiue, Chubbuck Technique and Viewpoints (Steppenwolf, Chicago)
- Script analysis
- Scene Study
- Film Acting
- Audition technique
- Self taping
- American dialect
- Mentorship and well-being
Work with the Best of the Best.
Entry into the Part Time Program is based on audition and interview.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and over.
Auditions for the 2020 Part Time Program
Please fill out an online application form and we will be in touch with you to book your audition time.
Once you’ve paid the $50 administration fee, your audition time will be confirmed and we will email you with the audition requirements.
“Kim Krejus and all the teachers at 16th Street are constantly searching for truth in the work. It is always of primary importance, and is reiterated in every moment during classes.”
Kestie Morassi 2013 Full Time Program Graduate – Lead Actress: Wolf Creek, Home and Away
“Here at 16th Street, actors will learn the importance of specificity in performance and character, and that one absolute all great acting aspires to: the truth.”
Jacob Collins-Levy 2012 Full Time Program Graduate – Lead Actor: The White Princess (Netflix)
“Iain is not interested in vanity or artifice only truth. The truth is what touches people. So if you want to learn from the best, work with Iain Sinclair.”
Anita Hegh, Actor: AFI Award – Best Supporting Actress in Television (MDA), Helpmann Award and Sydney Theatre Award (The Wild Duck: Belvoir Street Theatre), Sydney Theatre Award (The City: STC)
“16th Street actors are in the presence of greatness, with Iain at the helm. Do whatever you can to be in their Full or Part Time Programs, he is a true master of his craft. ”
Zoe Terakes: winner of the Sydney Theatre Award for Best Newcomer (A View From the Bridge: directed by Iain Sinclair)